Thursday, March 11, 2010

The Home We Build Together


Jonathan Sacks is the wisest man that I have ever read. The first book of his that I came across was To Heal A Fractured World: The Ethics of Responsibility. This book literally allowed me to turn a corner in my thinking. Responsibility is not only about self, family, and friends. It is about the overall role that each person plays in their community. Can you imagine a city full of neighbors that actually love and supports one another? This is the kind of community that I want to participate, play, create, encourage, serve, and most of all celebrate. Community is the home WE build together. A thriving community stirs up a flourishing HUMAN. May this lifestyle and practice be a part of the deep fabric of our lives. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment